UFC in Seoul
Ultimate Fighting Championship is coming to Seoul, South Korea. UFC is coming to Korea!
If you haven't heard yet, UFC is coming to Korea. It will be the first time UFC has an event in Korea and the locals are representing in full force. The lineup is stacked with plenty of homegrown talent--see below. (Korean fighters in bold.)
Main Event Fighters
- Benson Henderson "Smooth" vs. Thiago Alves "Pitbull"
- Mirko Cro Cop vs. Anthony Hamilton "Freight Train"
- Dong Hyun Kim "The Stun Gun" (Korean) vs. Jorge Masvidal "Gamebred"
- Yoshihiro Akiyama "Sexyama" vs. Alberto Mina "Soldier of God"
- Hyun Gyu Lim "The Ace" (Korean) vs. Dominique Steele "Non-Stop Action-Packed Dom T."
- Do Ho Choi (Korean) vs. Sam Sicilia
- Dongi Yang "The Ox" (Korean) vs. Jake Collier "The Prototype"
- Yui Chul Nam "The Korean Bulldozer" (Korean) vs. Mike De La Torre "El Cucuy"
- Tae Hyun Bang "Supernatural" (Korean) vs. Leo Kuntz "The Lion"
- Seohee Ham (Korean) vs. Cortney Casey
- Yao Zhikui vs. Fredy Serrano
Many expats in Korea who are fans of UFC have already learned that living in Korea is a great place to watch the fights--fights are regularly broadcast on network TV. That's right. No pay-per-view here. Now, those fans will get a chance to watch an event in person.
As of the time of the writing of this post, there were still a handful of tickets remaining. Some cheap. Some expensive. Even if you are just a casual fan of fighting events, or just looking for something to do on November 28, consider attending the fight. It should be a good time as UFC will be wanting to pull off an entertaining spectacle in its first voyage into South Korea.
The cheapest tickets cost 77,000 won. The most expensive tickets (VIP section Package) cost 1,650,000 won. There are 4 other variously priced tiers of seating.
Visit InterPark Tickets to purchase tickets.
Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena
Prelim fights - 6:45 p.m.
Main fights - 10:00 p.m.