Seoul Forest Park
Seoul Forest is one of the finest parks in Seoul. It is an oasis in the middle of a gigantic concrete jungle. It has just about everything you could want---including a fine collection of badminton courts.
The Scouting Report
Seoul Forest Park has some of the best public badminton courts you'll find in Seoul. There are 6 courts surrounded by trees which create a tremendous windbreaker. Badminton is typically not an ideal outdoor sport, but there is no reason not to play it here.
There are 6 courts laid out in a 3x2 grid. They all share a single slab or asphalt. The courts and all their boundary lines are very well marked and easily visible.
- The courts are in great condition. All the boundary markings (for singles and doubles) are clearly seen.
- Great ambience. Seoul Forest Park has a good vibe. There is a lot going on in the area. It is a fun place to visit even if you aren't playing badminton.
- There is a small locker room next to the courts.
- The courts' great condition and the popularity of the park are in a cruel way a strike against the courts. They are a popular place to play badminton, so it can be difficult to get on the court.
- It is not exactly close to a subway station.
There is plenty of shade nearby. Pack a lunch and beverages and enjoy a picnic between or after games.
Badminton rackets are available for rental at the bicycle rental shop located just outside nearby Gate 5.
Check out the Seoul Forest photo album to see more pictures of the area.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Seongdong-gu, Seongsu-dong
From Bundang Line - Seoul Forest Station (서울숲역):
-Leave through exit 3. Turn right at the first intersection. The park will appear on your right. Look for a park map or follow the signs to find the badminton courts.