Banpo Hangang Park
Many people claim that Banpo Hangang Park is best visited after nightfall. While that may be true, it doesn't mean it should be avoided during the day. There are still plenty of ways to enjoy the park during the daytime. One such way is to make use of its basketball courts.
The Scouting Report
Are you looking to pound the rock and then go and pound some drinks? Do you want to be ballin’ on the court and then one hour later be ballin’ in the club? Well, you have come to the right place. Waoo Park offers a fine basketball court that is literally within Hongdae.
Concrete. The courts have all the necessary markings for a legitimate 5-on-5 full-court game.
- The surface is smooth and in good condition.
- The markings on the court are all very visible.
- The scenery is good. The courts are in a park next to the Han River.
- Covered benches are nearby.
- As good as the courts are, they don't always see good action. It can be difficult to find pick-up games here.
Spend the day playing ball, then wait around for the night. Nearby Banpo Bridge puts on a great water and light show in the evening.
Sports and Recreation Nearby
Check out the Banpo Hangang Park photo album to see more pictures of the area.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Seocho-gu, Banpo-dong
From Lines 3 and 9 - Express Bus Terminal Station (고속터미널역):
-Walk out of exit 8-1. Turn right at the first major 4-way intersection you come to. Follow the road and stay low. Walk through the underpass.