Mangwon Hangang Park
Mangwon Hangang Park sits on the northern banks of the Han River close to the western end of Seoul. Its sports facilities are a bit dated and not in the best condition. However, it is a scenic park, and playing at Mangwon Hangang Park is always rewarding because of the views.
The Scouting Report
There are 2 full-sized basketball courts in Mangwon Han River Park. Because of their location right next to the Han River, they offer a very scenic and unique place to play basketball. The surface isn't ideal, but who cares? (probably a lot of people)
The surface here is a bit different than typically found. The court's surface consists of several plastic tiles fitted together. It is almost like a mat. It has okay grip, but it does a rough number on the basketball. Don't bring a ball you're fond of. Any ball that goes through a basketball game here will look like it has been through a war zone.
- Very scenic location. You can swish 3s while looking out onto the Han River.
- Very scenic location. You can reject someone and have the ball go flying in the Han River.
- Very scenic location. You can take a charge and not worry about falling onto the floor. Instead, you have the Han River to fall into. It is quite refreshing. (This is a great location for flopping. #Lebron James)
- Very scenic location. You can play a great game of 5-on-5 while enjoying the view of the Han River.
- Very scenic location.
- Possibly because of the funkified flooring, these courts are not a popular spot for pick-up games.
- The nets are slightly lower than 10 feet.
Sports and Recreation Nearby
- Baseball (junior field)
- Bicycle Paths
To see more photos, check out the Mangwon Basketball photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Mapo-gu, Mangwon-dong
From Line 6 - Mangwon Station (망원역):
- Exit 2.
- Walk towards Mangwon Post Office intersection (망원 우체국 사거리).
- Turn left at the intersection, and walk straight until you reach Mangwon Hangang Park.
- Walk left once you reach the park.