Seoul Forest Park
Seoul Forest is one of Seoul's premier parks. It is extremely popular, but not too overcrowded. That's because there is a lot of space; it is a BIG park. In one corner of the park, there are quite a few sports facilities clustered together. Among them, there is a fairly popular basketball court.
The Scouting Report
As mentioned previously, a decent basketball court anchors the park's sports corner. It isn't flashy or overly pristine. It is a fairly unassuming court. But it gets the job done. It is in good shape and facilitates a steady flow of games.
What do you expect? The court sits on a spacious slab of asphalt. The court is painted reddish brown and the out-of-bounds is green. The key and 3-point arch is clearly marked, but there is no half-court line.
- As far as location in the park goes, the basketball court is easy to get to (close to the entrance of the massive park).
- There are stores, cafes, and restaurants located very nearby (1-minute walk).
- Shade abounds.
- The court is popular. It is a great place to find pick-up games.
- There is only 1 court. You end up having to wait to get on the court a lot.
- Once you get to the park, it is easy to find; but from a subway station, it is a bit far.
- There is a steady flow of games, but the competition isn't that high.
There are several restaurants, convenience stores, cafes, etc. a mere 1 minute walk from the court. Many of them have outdoor patio seating.
Sports and Recreation Nearby
Check out the Seoul Forest photo album to see more pictures of the area.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Seongdong-gu, Seongsu-dong
From Bundang Line - Seoul Forest Station (서울숲역):
- Leave through exit 3. Turn right at the first intersection.
- Look for Seoul Forest's Gate 1 entrance on your right.
- Walk towards the two towering buildings that dominate the skyline.
- The basketball court is near the base of the tower on the left.