Soongsil Middle and High Schools
Looking for a place to play basketball in western Seoul? Head to Soongsil Middle and High Schools. They share a campus and have a nice collection of athletic facilities available for use. Among them is a basketball court.
The Scouting Report
At Soongsil Middle and High Schools' shared campus, 1 and 1/2 courts can be found in a nice secluded location. It is a great place to bring a crew of friends and play some basketball. In addition to the 1 full court, the 1/2 court is excellent for having a small shoot-around session. Hey, even Dirk Nowitzki has to warm up before taking the court. So should you.
Green, hard top. Standard grip. (Tip: When defending, look at the chest. Not the ball. Then you don't have to worry about the surface.)
- In a very secluded location.
- Subway friendly
- Great place to bring the players and take advantage of the often empty courts.
- If you're looking for some pick-up, you'll have to head elsewhere. The pick-up games do not travel here often.
- It is not well lit.
Bathrooms and change rooms are located underneath the nearby stands.
Of all the athletic facilities on Soongsil's campus, the basketball court is the one most lacking. Consider bringing the proper equipment for a game on one of the fields listed below in case the basketball court is turning you into a basket case. (See the example of the kids in the picture below.)
Sports and Recreation Nearby
To see more photos, check out the Soongsil Middle and High Schools basketball photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Eunpyeong-gu, Sinsa-2-dong
From Line 6 - Saejeol Station (새절역):
- Exit 4. Walk straight for 70 meters and take a left.
- Walk for 900 meters. You will take a left at a street named Eunpyeong Tunnel-ro.
- Walk straight for 500 meters. When you pass a bus station named Hyundai Apt. Front (Bus Stop ID 12-337, 12-336) you will know you are close.
- Take a right at a street named Eunpyeong Tunnel-ro 7 Gil.
- Walk uphill past an opera school. Keep going uphill and follow the green fence.
- You should be in front of a church. If it is Sunday, stop in and pray.
- A soccer field parking lot is to your right. The basketball court is on the other side of the soccer field.