Yongma Waterfall Park
Most people go to Yongma Waterfall Park to see the waterfalls. The basketball court is a great court, though. It isn't the most convenient court to access, but it is in great shape, and it is surrounded by spectacular scenery.
The Scouting Report
As long as you and a few buddies are willing to make a bit of an effort to get to the basketball court at Yongma Waterfall Park, it is a great court. The surface and the goals are in great shape, and the court (unfortunately) gets rarely used. You shouldn't have any problem getting court time. Best of all, there is an incredible view of Yongma Waterfall nearby.
Hard, green top. Basketball-court-like.
The Triple Double (Pros)
- Has it been mentioned yet? The scenery. If not...well, the scenery is great.
- The court is in very good condition. The surface is intact and the lines are easily visible.
- There is plenty of shade nearby.
5 Fouls in the 1st Quarter (Cons)
- It is hard to get to. Rather, it is inconvenient. It's about a 10 minute walk from the nearest subway station, and a lot of the walk is uphill.
- There isn't a lot around. Once you get to the court, you are a bit isolated from conveniences.
Bathrooms and water fountains are available near the court. That should make those needing a drink or a place to relieve themselves happy.
Has it been mentioned that the scenery is great? Check out the picture:
Sports and Recreation Nearby
- Children's Playground
- Hiking (Yongma Mountain)
- Walking Path
Check out the Yongma Waterfall Park photo album to see more pictures of the area.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Jungnang-gu, Myeonmok-4-dong
From Line 7 - Yongmasan Station (용마산역):
- Go out exit 2.
- Walk straight for 200 meters.
- Turn right.
- Follow the road into the park.
- Don't walk toward the waterfalls. Follow the road that goes uphill to the right.