Hyaewoo Bowling Alley
Have you ever found yourself thinking, "Gee! I'm in Sinchon. I wonder if there is a bowling alley nearby....
Think no more.
The Scouting Report
Take a look at the pictures above. Or take a minute to look at the photos in our photo album. The bowling alley is not in the greatest shape. Don't expect a lot out of it. It does get the job done, though. It is a decent option if you are looking for a cheap place to bowl near Sinchon.
The Strikes (The Good Stuff)
- It is cheap. (Roughly $4 a game.)
- The location is good. It is very close to the bustling Sinchon scene.
The Gutter Balls (The Not-So-Good Stuff)
- There is a lot of glare on the lanes. It is hard to see the lane markings.
- The balls are very worn.
- The facilities are old and cramped.
- Don't come hungry. The only food and beverages here come from a couple of old vending machines with limited choices.
- You probably won't find much English being spoken here. However, it is pretty simple to arrange to play a game via miming and awkwardness.
- An old, tried-and-true nickname for this place is "The Bowling Plains". True enough, there is nothing fancy about these lanes.
- Don't be cocky before a game.
- Check out the toilets.
Sports And Recreation Nearby
To see more photos, check out the Hyaewoo Bowling Alley photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Seodaemun-gu, Daehyeon-dong (Sinchon)
From Line 2 - Ewha Woman's University Station (이대역):
- Go out exit 1 and walk straight for 220 meters.
- At the first intersection you come to with a traffic signal, turn right.
- Walk for another 100 meters.
- Look for a bowling pin on the right.
- The bowling alley is in the basement (Level B1).