MK Bowling Center
If you live in Ilsan, there is no reason to go all the way into Seoul just to go bowling. There is a great bowling alley near Madu Station. MK Bowling Center is in great shape and has a lot of good energy.
The Scouting Report
It is easy to discount Ilsan and look instead to Seoul if you are looking for something fun to do. However, there is no reason to overlook Ilsan when it comes to bowling, though.
MK Bowling Center in Ilsan, right outside exit 7 of Madu Station, is a great place to bowl. It is very clean, all the facilities are kept in great shape, and it even smells nice. Sometimes, bowling alleys have a bit of a funk going on. That's definitely not the case here. The only thing you can smell here is victory.
Turkey! Good Stuff
- It is clean.
- It is very easy to get to--not far at all from a subway station.
- The staff has limited English, but they are very friendly.
- This is a good place to go if you want to bowl and don't care about lights and music (Too many bowling alleys are emphasizing lights and music too much these days.).
Scratch! Bad Stuff
- It's not small, but it's not big either. There can be a bit of a wait on a busy night.
- There aren't many things to do while waiting for a game. The arcade is a bit of a bust.
Hours of Operation
|Every Day||11:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.|
|The Other Days||11:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.|
|The Rainy Days||11:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.|
|Monday - Thursday||Before 6 p.m.||3,500 Won|
|After 6 p.m.||4,000 Won|
|Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Holiday||All Day||4,000 Won|
** Shoes: 1,500 Won
To see more photos, check out the 'MK Bowling Center' photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Gyeonggi-do, Goyang-si, Ilsan-gu, Janghang-dong
From Line 3 - Madu Station (마두역):
- From exit 7, walk straight.
- Look for a bowling pin at the corner of the building on your right.
- Enter the building and go down to the basement.
- Open the doors and bowl.