New Wonil Bowling
Sometimes you don't want a lot of flash. Sometimes you just want the plain and simple basics. At New Wonil Bowling Alley in Seodaemun, you will not find anything except for what is essential to a bowling alley. It is a bowling purist's utopia.
The Scouting Report
If you want to have a party with bowling on the side, then find another bowling alley. If you want to bowl with an optional party on the side, then New Wonil Bowling Alley is the spot for you. It is plain and simple unadulterated bowling at its finest. (At least, the finest you'll find in Seodaemun-gu, Seoul.)
The Strikes (The Good Stuff)
- There are 12 lanes. A perfect game in bowling consists of 12 strikes. Oh, the poetry of it all!
- It's cheap. This is the kind of place to bowl if you are looking to get multiple games in. They even sell a long-term multiple game discount package.
- There is a mysterious nook that sits above the alley. This may in fact not be a "good" thing, but it is interesting enough to have made its way onto the "Good Stuff" list.
The Gutter Balls (The Not-So-Good Stuff)
- For most people out there, the location is probably a bit inconvenient. It is just outside of Gajwa Station. How many of you even know where Gajwa Station is?
- It is isolated from other places. There aren't too many other things to do in the immediate area.
Hours of Operation
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. daily
|Regular Joe||3,800 won||Anytime|
|Student||2,800 won||Weekdays until 6:00 p.m.|
|Club||30 games||93,000 won||Anytime|
|Regular Joe||30 games||105,000 won||Anytime|
Shoes cost 1,500 won.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Seodaemun-gu, Namgajwa-dong
From Jungang-Gyeongui Line - Gajwa Station (가좌역):
- Exit 3. Walk straight until you get to a 3-way intersection.
- Cross the street. The first building on your right is Daehwa Building.
- The bowling alley is in the basement.
- Look for a bowling pin outside the door.