There is something about bowling alleys in Gangnam. They don't settle for merely being bowling alleys. They have to throw a full-on party to complement the bowling. Smashing Bowl is a bowling alley that throws a party but keeps the party low-key. Well, it's low-key if you are using Gangnam standards.
The Scouting Report
Smashing Bowl's website says it like this: "Smashingbowl is a various enterainment space which provide muzikpub, restaurant, and bowling service."
English errors aside, there is nothing wrong with Smashing Bowl. It is a venue that doesn't take its bowling too seriously. It doesn't take much of anything seriously. It doesn't stress problems (unless that problem is a 7-10 split); it stresses having a good time.
The Smashingly Good
- Comfortable seating. The seats at the lanes are comfortable, the seats in the waiting area are comfortable...heck, even the toilet seats are comfortable.
- Many of the recipes you'll encounter on the menu are by professional chefs such as Chef Sungwook Chang of the Walker Hill Hotel.
- 24 hours. As in, this place never closes.
- If you're looking for a festive, high-class atmosphere, it doesn't get much better.
- Dart boards and foosball tables = Fun
The Smashingly Bad
- There are only 7 lanes.
- The staff...the people get the job done, but they don't like having their picture taken.
Hours of Operation
Smashing Bowl is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In other words: it never closes!
5,500 won per game
2,500 won for shoes
3,000 won for socks (if you need 'em)
** Each person is expected to buy at least one drink from the bar while bowling. **
To see more photos, check out the 'Smashing Bowl' photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Gangnam-gu, Yeoksam-dong
From Line 9 - Sinnonhyeon Station (신논현역):
- Exit 5.
- Go in the building immediately to your left.
- Take the stairs or elevator to B2.