Just as Hongdae has a lively party scene, the bowling alley near Hongik University also sports a lively party scene.
So go to Taewha Bowling Alley and have a party of a time bowling!
The Scouting Report
If you know anything at all about Hongdae, then you would expect nothing else from this bowling alley than a thumping good time. In some respects, it feels more like a club than a bowling alley.
Music, strobe lights, drinks. It's all here. Even the bowlers let loose and dance a little while waiting for their turn to bowl.
Yeah...it's probably not the best place to bowl if you are looking for a serious game. However, if you just want to have fun with a group of friends in Hongdae, then Taewha Bowling Alley scores a perfect 300.
The Good Stuff
- It has an awesome, lively ambience.
- The air-conditioning is fabulous. It is a great place to duck into during the summer.
- They have a pretty reasonable drink selection considering it is a bowling alley.
- The location is great. Doesn't get much more exciting than Hongdae.
- The hours are great. Open from early until late!
The Not-So-Good Stuff
- It isn't that big. You may have to wait a bit to get on a lane.
- It is a little pricey. *See the prices below*
- If you don'w want to draw a lot of attention to yourself and you are wearing a lot of white...DON'T go here.
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday||10:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m.|
|Weekends||11:00 a.m. - 4:00 a.m.|
|Public Holidays||11:00 a.m. - 4:00 a.m.|
|Monday - Thursday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.||5,000 Won|
|Monday - Thursday||After 5 p.m.||6,000 Won|
|Weekends and Holidays||11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||5,500 Won|
|Weekends and Holidays||After 12:00 p.m.||6,500 Won|
Shoes: 2,500 Won
To see more photos, check out the 'Taewha Bowling Center' photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Mapo-gu, Seogyo-dong
From Line 2 - Hongdae Station (홍대입구역):
- Walk straight out of exit 9 for 150 meters.
- Turn left at the first major intersection you come to.
- Walk straight until you reach Hongik University's main gate. (325 meters)
- Turn left. Walk for 150 meters. Look for a bowling pin on your left.