Gwangnaru Hangang Park
Gwangnaru Hangang Park was supposed to be a biking Mecca of sorts for Seoul. At least, it appears that way. However, the reality is that it is a place that has a novel biking scene but lacks a truly strong biking scene.
The Scouting Report
Most of the cycling opportunities in Seoul's various Hangang Parks are fairly generic. However, Gwangnaru Hangang Park has tried to separate itself from the pack by providing a few unique biking opportunities.
Sound interesting? Well, read all about it or jump to a section by clicking on a link below.
- Bicycle Park
- BMX Track
- Options And Rates
- Other Sports And Recreation In The Park
- Elsewhere On The Web
- How To Get There
Gwangnaru Hangang Park has a devoted bicycle park which offers beginning riding lessons to children and adults. There is also a biking zone that has several whimsically designed bicycles that you can rent and ride...or try to ride. The biking zone is a fun place for kids.
A BMX race course is also in the park. It is a fun track to race on that doesn't require overly advanced riding skills. The first drop is a little high and steep, but you can skip it if you'd like.
Options and Rates
Whether you are riding solo, with a date, or as a family, you will probably be able to find a bicycle suited for your needs here.
|Type of Bicycle||Hourly Rate||Late Fee|
|Adult/Child Single||3,000 won||500 won every 15 minutes|
|Mountain Bike||6,000 won||1,000 won every 15 minutes|
|2-Seater||6,000 won||1,000 won every 15 minutes|
Other Sports and Recreation in Gwangnaru Hangang Park
- Open Space
- Remote Controlled Plane Flying
- Skating Area
Elsewhere on the Web
- Hangang Gwangnaru Park - little bikers paradise - by Kids Fun in Seoul
- Happy pedaling along the Han River - by The Korea Herald
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Gangdong-gu, Cheonho-dong
From Line 3 - Cheonho Station (천호역):
- Walk straight out of exit 10.
- Follow the sidewalk next to the main road.
- Stay on the sidewalk until you cross over a highway.
- Look for stairs on the left, and take them down to the park.
- Once in the park, walk upstream (to the right).
- The bicycling area will appear immediately after going under the bridge.