Fields / Open Spaces
Sogang University is one of South Korea's leading schools of higher learning. It is a fine school located near the exciting hotspot of Sinchon. Near the center of the campus, there is a small open space with an artificial turf surface that is perfect for low-key athletic endeavors.
The Scouting Report
- Pros And Cons
- Sports And Recreation Nearby
- Extra Information
- How To Get There
Sogang University offers a great open field. Although it is mostly used for miniature soccer, it is ideal for a variety of games. Also, it is big enough to accommodate two events simultaneously. There are not many open fields in Seoul, and this one is a gem.
It is artificial turf and well maintained. Overall, it is a great place to play on.
There is a single line that runs around the perimeter of the field that can be used as a boundary marker. Aside from that and the "Sogang University" lettering, the field is void of any other markings.
- It is not humongous, but it is big enough to accommodate multiple activities at once.
- The lack of structure (lines, goals, etc.) should be treated as a bonus. You can play ultimate frisbee, gaelic football, football, soccer, or even futsal. The possibilities are endless...except for pool sports...it would probably be difficult to play water polo.
- The field has good lighting.
- University students rightfully have priority. Unless you want to pay tuition, step aside.
- The "foul" territory is quite narrow. There is not much space between the sideline and concrete. Play accordingly.
Sports and Recreation Nearby
Sinchon and Hongdae, two areas perfect for post-game cool downs, are very close by. If Itaewon is more your speed for a post-game cool down, it is conveniently located just a few stops down the nearby line 6.
To see more photos of Sogang University's open space, check out The Seoul Stop's photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Mapo-gu, Sinsu-dong 1
From Line 6 - Daehung Station (대흥역):
- Use exit 1.
- Walk straight for about 10 minutes.
- Look for Sogang University on your right.
- Walk into campus through the main gate. You should see a map of the campus near the parking attendant's office.
- Look for the field that is located right in the middle of the campus.
- Go there.
From line 2 - Sinchon Station (신촌역):
- Use exit 6.
- Walk straight for about 8 minutes.
- Look for Sogang University on your left.
- Follow the directions above starting with step 4.