Gangnam is home to a small but excellent sports park in Maroo Park. This park has a nice collection of athletic facilities. Tennis? Yep. Badminton? You bet'cha. Futsal? Most definitely yes.
The Scouting Report
There are two very good futsal fields at Maroo Park. They are side by side and have nice, artificial turf that is in pretty good condition. The turf handles all sorts of weather. It needs to be able to do that, too. The fields are so popular that it is common to see games being played here regardless of the weather conditions.
Quick Link This Stuff!
Artificial turf. It is in good shape. Wear your turf shoes. But don't get turf toe.
- Surface and goals are in great condition.
- The setting is great. Lots of sports going on all around.
- Popular = busy = hard to get on and play.
- Not much covering nearby. When it gets hot here, it gets HOT.
If you come here wanting to play futsal, come prepared with alternate entertainment. You may have to wait your turn. Bring a basketball for the courts next door. Bring a frisbee to throw around. Just don't despair. There is plenty to do at Maroo Park.
Sports And Recreation Nearby
Check out the Maroo Park photo album to see more pictures of the area.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Gangnam-gu, Ilweon-2-dong
From Line 3 - Daecheong Station (대청역):
- Leave via exit 2.
- Turn left and walk for 200 meters.
- Look for a samll path that leads into the park on your left.
- Once in the park, the futsal fields will appear straight ahead.
- Don't trip on your way. That would be embarrassing.