Soongsil Middle and High Schools
Soongsil Middle and High Schools in western Seoul share a campus which allows them to have some pretty decent athletic facilities. The soccer field is excellent. They basketball court is typical. The futsal field is out-of-nowhere great. Seriously, how many middle and high schools that you know of have a futsal field? These students are lucky!
The Scouting Report
If you live anywhere close to Line 6 in western Seoul, the futsal field at Soongsil Middle and High Schools is as good a place as any near you at which to play futsal. If you do not live in western Seoul--for example, if you live in Busan--you would be considered a fool for traveling all the way to Soongsil Middle and High Schools just to play futsal.
Sound tasty? Look below to see what you'll be reading on this page.
Artificial turf. At the time of this writing, there was a small patch of turf missing in the middle of the field. It shouldn't affect the game too much. Other than that, it is a decent field.
- Great, secluded location
- Easy-to-get-to. Subway friendly
- Well lit
- Apart from the small patch of turf that is missing, there are no cons.
Bring your futsal uniform. Bathrooms and changing rooms are located underneath the nearby soccer stands. Dress for success!
Sports And Recreation Nearby
To see more photos, check out theSoongsil Middle and High Schools' Futsal photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Eunpyeong-gu, Sinsa-2-dong
From Line 6 - Saejeol Station (새절역):
- Use exit 4.
- Walk straight for 70 meters and take a left.
- Walk for 900 meters. Take a left at a street named Eunpyeong Tunnel-ro.
- Walk straight for 500 meters. When you pass a bus station named Hyundai Apt. Front (Bus Stop ID 12-337, 12-336), you will know you are close.
- Take a right at a street named Eunpyeong Tunnel-ro 7-gil. Walk uphill past an opera school.
- Continue uphill, following the green fence.
- When you find yourself in front of a church, look for a soccer field to your right. The futsal field is on the far side of the soccer field.
- If you get lost, call somebody who cares.
Using the bus:
- Take Bus 7212 or 7715 to Hyundai Apt. Front (Bus Stop iD 12-322, 12-335).
- From Bus Stop 12-322's side of the street, walk along the road against the flow of traffic.
- Take a left at Eunpyeong Tunnel-ro 7-gil.
- From there, follow the directions above, starting at #6.
- If you get lost, don't call anybody who might care. Figure it out for yourself.