Yeongdeungpo Park, located just outside of Yeongdeungpo Station, is not one of Seoul's most popular parks. While the park is nice, it leaves much to be desired. However, it does have a futsal field. Now you may ask yourself, "Why should I care about that? I don't even care about futsal." Well, how about you just read a little bit about the field before you jump to any conclusions.
The Scouting Report
What is futsal? For those of you unfamiliar with futsal, it is basically a miniature game of soccer played on a mini-soccer field surrounded by a fence. It is great for fans of fast-paced and high-precision soccer. Recently, its popularity across the globe has seen a significant increase.
Click on a link below to learn more about futsal at Yeongdeunpo Park.
Artificial turf. It is very well-maintained.
- Great location
- Subway friendly
- Excellent lighting
- Easy to get field time
- Closes daily at 8:00pm
- Although left unlocked at times, reservations to use the field should be made online.
Here are a few futsal Did-You-Know facts:
- Futsal is typically an indoor sport, but outdoor fields/courts are becoming increasingly popular.
- There is unlimited subbing in a futsal game.
- Brazil is ranked #1 in the world.
Sports And Recreation Nearby
To see more photos of Yeongdeungpo Park's futsal facilities, check out The Seoul Stop's photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Yeongdeungpobon-dong
From Line 1 - Yeongdeungpo Station (영등포역):
- Go out exit 1.
- Walk straight for 190 meters until you reach the park.
- Look at the map.
- Follow the signs for the futsal field.
- Follow your heart to victory on the futsal field.