(Digital Media City)
DMC (Digital Media City) is a very new up-and-coming area of Seoul. A number of broadcasting companies relocated their studios to DMC recently and the place has seen tremendous growth. Its rising popularity can be attested to by its cameo appearance in the second Avengers movie. Anyways, an annual highlight that occurs at DMC is the ice-skating rink that is set up from December to February.
The Scouting Report
The ice-skating rink at DMC is an outdoor winter-only ice-skating rink. When the temperatures drop low enough---December to February---a temporary rink is set up just outside of MBC's studios. It is a very popular place that has a lot of fun energy.
It has so much fun energy, that The Seoul Stop has provided a list of quick links which you can use to skip to the section of your choice. Oh Boy!
Ice has been declared a great surface on which to ice-skating. As such, ice is what you'll find here.
Weekdays - 3,000 won for 1 hour.
Weekends - 5,000 won for 1 hour.
Daily: 10:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Mapo-gu, Sangam-dong
From Gyeongui-Jungang Line - Susaek Station (수색역):
- Once leaving Susaek Station, make your way through the long pedestrain underpass that runs under the tracks.
- Once out of the tunnel, go right. Keep walking towards the big screens.
- Once in the middle of DMC (near the MBC studios), look for the ice rink.
- Once at the ice rink, get some skates.
- Once you've got a pair of skates on your footsies, you will know what to do.