Namsan Park is a green space that encompasses one of the most iconic locations in Seoul, Namsan. Heard of it? Namsan is that low mountain that lies in the middle of Seoul and has the ever-familiar N Seoul Tower at the top of it. Namsan Park is a popular place for tourists and locals alike.
The Scouting Report
- N Seoul Tower
- Views Of Seoul
- Things To Do
- Elsewhere On The Web
- How To Get There
When most people here the name "Namsan", two things usually come to mind: the mountain named Namsan and the tower that sits atop the mountain. Most people don't associate the name with a park. Granted, the park and the mountain are essentially one and the same, but for the purposes of categorization, semantics must be observed---Namsan is a mountain. Namsan Park is a park that protects the green space on Namsan.
N Seoul Tower
Most people who visit Namsan Park do so because of the iconic tower that sits at the highest point in the park. As it is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Seoul, it is a popular destination for many people.
N Seoul Tower has an observation deck that provides 360-degree views of Seoul. The views from the top of the tower are mesmerizing at all hours of the day. For those really wanting to splurge, consider dining in the fancy rotating restaurant that provides a tour of the city while enjoying a delicious meal.
Views Of Seoul
You don't have to ascend N Seoul Tower and pay money to enjoy the views of Seoul from Namsan Park. At the base of N Seoul Tower, there are still plenty of great vantage points to enjoy.
You don't even have to trek all the way to the top of the mountain to find amazing views. The park is big enough and has plenty of trails that provide plenty of opportunities for finding great views of Seoul. Get out and explore the trails in Namsan Park.
Things To Do At Namsan Park
- Hanok Village
To see more photos, check out the Namsan photo album.
Also, see Seoul Scout: Namsan.
Elsewhere On The Web
- Mt. Namsan is a symbol of Seoul itself - by Korea.net
- Namsan Park [N Seoul Tower] - by Junggu Culture & Tourism
- Finding Seoul: Namsan Tower and the Locks of Love - by GrrrlTraveler
- Namsan Mountain and North Seoul Tower - by Seoul Mates Korea
- The Best Restroom in Seoul - by The Seoul Stop
- Seoul Scout: Namsan Park - by The Seoul Stop
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Jung-gu
From Line 4 - Myeongdong Station (명동역):
- Walk about 200 meters straight out of exit 4.
- Turn left when you get to the intersection with Sinsegae Department Store.
- Walk another 300 meters slightly uphill.
- Look for a small railcar/tram that takes you to the Namsan Cable Car.
- Ride that thing. Or meander yourself up to the Cable Car. Or just stand there and look like an idiot.
*** Namsan Park can be accessed from many points. The above route is one of the more popular ways. ***