Wolmi Park is the saving grace of Wolmido...an oasis if you will. While the rest of Wolmido is underwhelming, Wolmi Park is worth a visit because of its beautiful landscaping and pleasant walking paths.
The Scouting Report
Wolmi Park is the saving grace of Wolmi-do. Although the park is quite spacious and even encompasses a small mountain, the focal point of the park is the traditional garden.
Wolmi Park's traditional garden is full of splendid landscaping. Water features, gardens, and traditional architecture have been combined to create a very serene environment. The only blight on the park is the deer enclosure. While a novel addition, the pens are slightly small and therefore a depressing place in which to contain wild animals.
To see more photos Wolmi Island, check out the Wolmi-do photo album.
Elsewhere On The Web
- Wolmi Park - by Lonely Planet
- Seoul Forest: A Perfect Park! - by Dasarang
- Incheon | Wolmi Park - by Flickr
- Long Layover in Seoul - by We've Made a Huge Mistake
How To Get There
Where: Incheon-si, Jung-gu, Gaho-dong
From Incheon Line 1 - Incheon Station -Chinatown- (인천역 -차이나타운-):
If you want to walk:
- Follow the signs to Wolmido from the subway station.
- It should take about 20 minutes.
If you want to ride the bus:
- Take bus 2, 23, or 48
If you want to fly:
- Figure it out.
- Tell us how you managed to accomplish such a feat.
Once arriving on the island from the mainland, Wolmi Park is the first thing you'll see.