Dorim Dong Sports Park
Dorim-dong Sports Park is a sports valley within a typical residential area of Seoul. Instead of a river running through it, it has various courts and surprisingly, a rock climbing wall. But honestly, unless you are looking for a bad time, don't bother visiting this climbing wall.
The Scouting Report
- The Price
- Pros And Cons
- Extra Information
- Other Sports And Recreation Nearby
- How To Get There
This climbing wall is wider than it is tall. It’s not a place where you go with full equipment. It is designed more for bouldering. It’s a good spot to practice technique without actually dealing with height and equipment.
Free. (That's pretty nice.)
Anytime that pleases you.
There are padded tiles, basically very thick mats, at the base of the wall. They aren't pillowy soft, but they provide enough give. It is recommended that you bring your own crash pad.
- Free. You can never beat free. Basically, if you're looking for a place to go climbing in Seoul for free, this is it. At least, it is one option.
- As mentioned above, the base is cushioned. Nevertheless, don't try falling on your head.
- It is not a very tall wall. Great for bouldering, but not much use for other types of climbing.
- A few holds are missing...just another reason to stick to bouldering on this rock climbing wall.
- Location. As it is not near a subway station, it is a little difficult to get to.
The location is very unique. The sports park actually looks like a valley. In fact, back in the Joseon Dynasty days, it was a lagoon.
There are water fountains and bathrooms. You should know what to do at each facility.
Other Sports And Recreation Nearby
- Inline Skate Track
- Jogging Track
To see more photos of Dorim-dong Sports Park's rock climbing wall facilities, check out The Seoul Stop's photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Nowon-gu, Sanggye-dong
Line 1 or 2 to Sindorim Station (신도림역):
- Walk straight out of exit 2.
- Turn left at the first intersection you come to.
- Cross the stream and continue straight past a 3-way intersection.
- At the first 4-way intersection you come to, turn right on a small street.
- Continue straight.
- Look for Dorim-dong Sports Park on your left.
There are two bus stops nearby:
Singil 1-cha Woosung Apt (신길1차 우성아파트) - Bus Stop ID: 19-361
Seongweon Apt Entrance (성원아파트입구) - Bus Stop ID: 19-332