Sangdong Lake Park
Sangdong Lake Park. Have you been there? Why not?
If you have been there, have you got onto the skate park? Why not?
The Scouting Report
- The Park's Features
- Pros And Cons
- Cool Down
- Sports And Recreation Nearby
- How To Get There
For all those skaters and bikers living west of Seoul and east of Incheon, Sangdong Lake Park is the perfect spot to do a little freestyle skating and riding. The skate park is not particularly big or difficult. It is a fairly simple set up. It doesn't have any features that will thrill the more experienced riders, but it is perfect for those closer to the intermediate level.
The Park's Features
An oval skate track loops around the skate park.
- It is in a quite lively scene. Feel free to show off a little. If you pull off a new trick, you will be appropriately seen and applauded. If you crash and burn, enough witnesses will have seen it to call for medical help. It's a win-win skate park.
- It is very easy and convenient to get to.
- It gets pretty busy. Depending on the time of day you go, you may have to fight the crowds for your turns.
- The locals don't know that Shaun White excelled first as a skateboarder and then as a snowboarder.
Access to the park is free. Excellence in the park comes at a cost: your time, blood, and sweat.
There is a GS25 convenience store in the park that is nearby. Buy something there. It will work.
Sports and Recreation Nearby
- Children's Playground
- Walking/Running Paths
**Extra** There is an additional skate park underneath the highway near the entrance to the parking lot. If you were to leave the park from the parking lot, follow the highway going right.
Check out the Sangdong Lake Park photo album to see more pictures of the area.
How To Get There
Where: Gyeonggi-do, Bucheon-si, Weolmi-gu, Sang-2-dong
From Line 7 - Samsan Gymnasium Station (삼산체육관역):
- Use exit 5.
- Look for a pedestrian overpass nearby. Use that bridge to cross the street.
- Once you cross the bridge you will be in the park. Look for the lake in the middle of the park.
- Follow the lake around to its eastern side. Look for the skate park there.