Jeongbalsan Park is a park in the middle of Ilsan right next to Jeongbalsan Station on Line 3. The majority of the park is filled with a small mountain. Because of this, sports facilities are a bit limited here.
There is a soccer field on the opposite side of the mountain/park from the subway station. It doesn't receive a lot of attention in terms of upkeep. But if you really need a place to play on, it is there for you.
The Scouting Report
Not miniature, but smaller than a regulation soccer field. Not a forest, but the grass is taller than that of a regulation soccer field. Get the point?
The soccer field here is a place to play soccer on. Don't expect a great place to play on. It's just a place.
The surface varies drastically depending on the time of year you visit this field. In late summer, you are likely to find tall grass that has overtaken the field. Not much attention is given to the surface of this soccer field.
- It is available almost all the time. You never have to worry about making reservations for playing time.
- The scenery around the field isn't bad. The field is halfway up Jeongbalsan, a short mountain that nonetheless provides decent views of Ilsan.
- There is plenty of shade. It's a perfect place to play on those hot, summer days.
- Getting to the field requires a bit of time and effort. It requires a short hike up the side of a mountain. No big deal; but not ideal.
- The field does not get maintained on a regular basis. You never know what kind of conditions you may find.
Don't come to this soccer looking for a serious game. Accept it for what it is, a place to play a casual game of soccer with friends.
With that in mind, round up a group of players and enjoy the game. Then, enjoy Jeongbalsan. It is an easy mountain to enjoy.
Check out the Jeongbalsan Park photo album to see more pictures of the area.
How To Get There
Where: Gyeonggi-do, Goyang-si, Ilsan-gu, Madu-dong
From Line 3 - Jeongbalsan Station (정발산역):
- Walk up and over the mountain you see upon leaving exit 3.
- Follow signs for the badminton gym. The soccer field is directly downhill from the badminton gym.