Kookmin University is nestled in the foothills of Bukhansan National Park in northern Seoul. Even if you aren't a student there, go there in the evening and get your game on. The soccer field is in great shape. As long as there isn't a university-sanctioned event going on, it will give you all you can handle.
The Scouting Report
Kookmin University offers a great soccer field, or football pitch. It is plenty big and scenic.
Artificial turf. You gotta problem with artificial? Wait...what's that you're drinking? Are you complaining while drinking a 'Vitamin Water'? Don't talk to me about artificial.
- The soccer field has great lighting.
- It is very well maintained.
- It is surrounded by the college campus buildings. It is a perfect place to play if you are seeking to relive your collegiate glory days.
- It is big enough for multiple activities at one time.
- Not subway friendly.
- It gets used. 'Half-field' games are played on some nights. The university uses it for various non-soccer functions. (How dare them!?)
- Kookmin University always has priority on it. And they pull rank often.
There are toilets nearby available for public use.
To see more photos of Kookmin University's soccer facilities, check out The Seoul Stop's photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul, Seongbuk-gu
Take a bus to Kookmin University Front (Bus Stop ID: 08-107 and 08-110). Buses going to this stop: 110A, 110B, 1020, 1166, 1213, 1711, 7211.
Walk up the hill. The soccer field will be on your right. It is directly behind the basketball courts.