Sohn Kee Chung Park
Sohn Kee Chung was Korea's first 'modern' athlete. His park near Seoul Station has a gold-medal field worthy of Korea's 'modern' sport, soccer. Gated and secluded, this soccer field/football pitch is a great place to play some soccer in Seoul.
The Scouting Report
Sohn Kee Chung was not a soccer player. However, you'd never suspect that given the condition of the soccer field in Sohn Kee Chung's namesake park. It is in excellent condition, making it a great place to play soccer in the middle of Seoul...given that it is not otherwise occupied by other groups.
Artificial turf that has very little wear and tear
- The field is surrounded by a tall green fence.
- There are bleachers that offer a great view of the field. If you're organizing an event, this is a great venue to consider using.
- This is not an easy field to get to. Hence, it is not too crowded. (see cons)
- The field is in pristine condition. Wayne Rooney himself would be proud to call this pitch his home. Who needs Old Trafford?
- Although the field is subway friendly, it is a trek from the station. Additionally, it requires a bit of an upward hike.
- This is not an easy field to get to. Hence, it is not too crowded. (see pros)
There are bathrooms and a park office on site.
There isn't too much going on around the park, so bring your own beverages and snacks.
The Seoul Stop wasn't able to get information on lighting. If you do have some "lighting info", shoot us an email. We'll give you some info in return.
- Basketball (only one goal; not a court)
- Table Tennis
- Tennis Courts (restricted access)
To see more photos of the area, check out the Sohn Kee Chung Park photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Jung-gu, Malli-dong
From Lines 2 and 5 - Chungjeongno Station (충정로역):
- Walk out of exit 5 and make your first left.
- Follow this street for 180 meters until it ends.
- Make a right and walk for 35 meters.
- Take a left onto Mallijae-ro 37-gil.
- Follow this street for 400 meters.
- Look for the soccer field to soon appear.
- Don't fart or do anything else that might embarrass you.