West Seoul Lake Park
West Seoul Lake Park is a sweet park. It truly is. Most visitors don't know about the "soccer" field that can be found in the park. But you aren't "most visitors".
The Scouting Report
- Pros And Cons
- Extra Information
- Sports And Recreation Nearby
- How To Get There
Are you looking for a place to play soccer in Seoul? While there are several soccer fields in Seoul, it is sometimes hard to find a soccer field you can actually play on. That's where West Seoul Lake Park comes into play. Hidden away at the top of the small mountain in the park, there is a derelict athletic field that almost guarantees you field time.
Granted, playing here will not give you the same thrill as playing on a nicely manicured grass lawn; however, there are certain other charms that the place provides.
Dirt. A little gravel. Mainly dirt. Grass is encroaching from the sides.
- It should be no problem getting field time here.
- There is a lot of shade nearby.
- The park is actually quite scenic.
- It is not anywhere close to a subway station.
- Even once you get to the park, it is still a bit of a trek up to the soccer field.
- The surface is not great. It's a bona fide sandlot.
If you don't have the numbers to play a game with goalies, there are miniature goals on site. These allow for a still competitive game without using a goalie.
Check out the West Seoul Lake Park photo album to see more pictures of the area.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Yangcheon-gu, Shinweoul-dong
From Lines 2 & 5 - Kkachisan Station (까치산역):
- Go out exit 4.
- Take Bus 653 from the nearby bus stop.
- Ride the bus to West Seoul Lake Park stop. The ride will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Get off the bus and walk in the same direction as the traffic on your side of the street.
- Veer to the right along the first street you come to.
- Look for West Seoul Lake Park on your right.
- Once you get to the park, walk uphill. Keep walking uphill. Start hiking uphill. The athletic field is at the top of the mountain in the back of the park.