Sohn Kee Chung Park
You know those times when you're not exactly looking for a quality game of table tennis; rather you just want to play? Sohn Kee Chung Park's table is perfect for times like those.
The Scouting Report
- Pros And Cons
- Extra Information
- Sports And Recreation Nearby
- How To Get There
There is a table tennis table in Sohn Kee Chung Park near Seoul Station in the middle of Seoul. It's outdoor. The "net" is a solid plank. But it is a table nonetheless.
Pros And Cons
- Decent scenery (a park) surrounds the table.
- Considering the table is outside, it is in pretty decent condition.
- There are other things to do in the park should you bore of table tennis.
- It is outside. In the elements. Wind is a factor.
- The "net" is not actually a net. It is a solid plank that divides the table into two halves.
- No paddles or balls are available on site.
Spend time in the park getting to know who Sohn Kee Chung was. You'll be better off for it.
Sports and Recreation Nearby
- Basketball Goal (not a court, just a single goal)
- Soccer Field
- Tennis Courts (Restricted Access)
To see more photos of the table tennis table near Ilsan Station, check out The Seoul Stop's photo album.
How To Get There
Where: Seoul-si, Jung-gu, Malli-dong
From Lines 2 and 5 - Chungjeongno Station (충정로역):
- Walk out of exit 5 and make your first left.
- Follow this street for 180 meters until it ends.
- Make a right and walk for 35 meters.
- Take a left onto Mallijae-ro 37-gil.
- Follow this street for 400 meters.
- Once in the park, meander around. Explore the place. Learn something.